top of page

Spring Cup Week 2 Match Reports - 21/02/21

By Lauryn Fuller

Sun Feb-21 Bees v Swindon

The Bee’s played their first home game of this series in their new ice rink in Slough. The Slough Jets, who usually play at the ‘The Hanger,’ and have allowed the Bee’s to share their arena during this spring series.

The first period started with some fiery end to end action within the first five minutes, with both keepers having to make some super saves to keep the teams even.

The Bee’s managed to get the first goal of the game, coming from Vanya Antonov. The first goal in their new home and Antonov’s first goal of the series.

Swindon take advantage of the Bee’s failing to clear their zone and tie the game, with the goal coming from Floyd Taylor.


The Bee’s managed to take the lead back at the end of the first period. Both teams were playing some fiery hockey in the first and with such a close game, there was till all to play for.

Loanee Bobby’s Chamberlain extended the Bee’s lead to 3-1. However, Toms Rutkis found himself in some space and quickly got one back for the Wildcats.

The Cats equalised but the game only stood at 3-3 for a short while. They very swiftly took the lead away from the Bee’s, with Josh Batch getting the all-important goal.

45 seconds into the third, Bee’s captain Stuart Mogg found an equaliser and ultimately took the game into 3v3 overtime.

Wildcat Arron Nell fired home in over time to take full points from the game, as well concluding a four-point weekend for the Cats.

The final score see’s the Swindon Wildcats win 5-4 over the IHC Bee’s.

Next weekend the Wildcats will get a chance to rest having played four games already in the series. The bee’s will be facing the Telford Tigers in the next instalment of the Spring Cup.

Goal scorers -

Bee’s -
Vanya Antonov
Bobby Chamberlain
Edward Bradley
Stuart Mogg

Wildcats -
Floyd Taylor
Toms Rutkis
Balint Pakozdi
Josh Batch
Arron Nell

Sun Feb-21 Raiders v Telford

The Raiders were the first to strike in Sunday’s final fixture. Jake Sylvester gave the Raiders the lead Quickly in the first.

Telford managed to tie things up with two minutes left in the period. Joe Aston hit an excellent shot, to make both team equal during the first interval.

The second period saw no goals scored but both teams taking multiple penalties throughout. The period ended as it had begun, with the teams still level at 1-1.

The Raiders took an early lead in the final period, with the goal coming from Sean Barry.

The Tigers found an answer quickly after the Raiders took the lead. Ross Venus got the equaliser and was closely followed with a goal from Sam Jones, to put the visitors one goal ahead.

Robert Lachowicz was quick to extend the Tigers lead one further.

The Raiders pulled their goal tender to gain and extra attacker, however the empty net was a tempting site for Telford. They extended their leave to 5-2 right at the end of the third period, with the empty netter coming from Jason Silverthorn.

This final goal sealed a well fought victory and a four-point weekend for the Tigers.

Both teams will be in action again next weekend. Telford will play the Bracknell Bee’s and the Raiders will face the Sheffield Steeldogs.

Goal Scorers -

Raiders -
Jake Sylvester
Sean Barry

Telford -
Joe Aston
Ross Venus
Sam Jones
Robert Lachowicz
Jason Silverthorn

bottom of page